Belgian Council for Laboratory Animal Science V.Z.W./A.S.B.L. (BCLAS)
Located at rue Egmontstraat 11 BE-1000 Brussels, is responsible for processing personal data as indicated in this privacy statement.
Egmontstraat 11 BE-1000 Brussels
Yves Andriessen is de Data Protection Officer of the Belgian Council for Laboratory Animal Science V.Z.W./A.S.B.L. He can be contacted via DPO@bclas.org.
The personal data we process
The Belgian Council for Laboratory Animal Science V.Z.W./A.S.B.L. (BCLAS) processes your personal data because you are making use of our services and/or you provided us with these data yourself. Below you can find a list of the personal data we process:
– First name and last name
– Date of birth
– Place of birth
– Address details
– Telephone number
– Email address
– Other personal data that were pro-actively provided by you, for example by creating a profile on our website, through correspondence or by telephone.
– Location details
– Data on your activities on our website
– List with contact details of clients via an app
– Internet browser and type of device
– Bank account number
Special and/or sensitive personal data processed by BCLAS
Our website and/or service does not have the intention of collecting data about website visitors younger than 13 years of age unless authorization has been given by their parents or custodian. However, we cannot verify if a visitor is above the age of 13. We therefore encourage parents to be involved in the online activities of their children to ensure that no information is collected about children without parental consent. If you are convinced that we have collected personal data of a minor without such consent, please contact us via DPO@bclas.org. The information will then be removed.
For what purpose and based on which principles we process personal data
The Belgian Council for Laboratory Animal Science V.Z.W./A.S.B.L. processes your personal data for the following purposes:
– The processing or your payment
– Sending of our newsletters, newsflashes and/or scientific information
– To enable us to email or telephone you, if necessary, in order to perform our services
– To inform you of modifications to our services and products
– To enable you to create an account
– The Belgian Council for Laboratory Animal Science V.Z.W./A.S.B.L. analyses your behaviour on its website allowing us to improve the website and to adapt our products and services to your preferences.
– The Belgian Council for Laboratory Animal Science V.Z.W./A.S.B.L. also processes your personal data in case of legal obligations, such as data required for our tax return.
The Belgian Council for Laboratory Animal Science V.Z.W./A.S.B.L. does not, on the basis of automated processing, make decisions with (significant) impact to individuals. It concerns decisions made by computer programs or automated systems without interference by a human (for example staff/member of the Belgian Council for Laboratory Animal Science V.Z.W./A.S.B.L.). The Belgian Council for Laboratory Animal Science V.Z.W./A.S.B.L. uses the following computer programs or systems:
– Microsoft Word and Excel for processing member administration, general administration and the organisation of events
– WordPress: for the website, inquiries and online registrations to events
– Mailchimp: for sending out mailings, newsletters and newsflashes
– Secure ssl webmail, pop3 server or IMAP server at EventConsulting.be (Combell.com): for email communication
– Mollie: for online payments
How long do we store your personal data?
The Belgian Council for Laboratory Animal Science V.Z.W./A.S.B.L. retains your personal data no longer than strictly necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which the data were collected.
Sharing personal data with third parties
The Belgian Council for Laboratory Animal Science V.Z.W./A.S.B.L. discloses your personal data to third parties only if this is necessary for the execution of our agreement or to comply with a legal obligation. Belgian Council for Laboratory Animal Science V.Z.W./A.S.B.L. never discloses your data for commercial purposes.
Cookies, or similar techniques used by BCLAS
Accessing, adjusting or removing your data
You have the right to inspect, correct or remove your personal data. In addition, you have the right to revoke any consent previously given or to object to the processing of your personal data by the Belgian Council for Laboratory Animal Science V.Z.W. /A.S.B.L. and you have to right to data portability. This means that you can submit a request to us for transferring your personal data stored in our computer files to you or to another organisation as instructed by you. You can send a request for accessing, correcting, removing or data portability of your personal data or a request to revoke your consent or your objection to the processing of your personal data to DPO@bclas.org. In order to ensure that the request for inspection was indeed made by you, please join a copy of your identification (passport/identity card) to your request. In order to protect your privacy, make sure that your passport/identity card photo, the MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom of your passport/identity card), the passport/identity card number and your national registration number (RRN) are printed in black on this copy. We will respond to your request as soon as possible, but within four weeks. The Belgian Council for Laboratory Animal Science V.Z.W. /A.S.B.L. would also like to point out that you have the possibility to lodge a complaint to the national regulator, the Data Protection Authority, https://www.dataprotectionauthority.be/
How we secure your personal data
The Belgian Council for Laboratory Animal Science /A.S.B.L. takes the protection of your data very seriously and shall adopt appropriate measures to prevent abuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized changes. If you have the impression that your data are not sufficiently secured or that there are indications of abuse, please contact us via DPO@bclas.org.